View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 PM
IMFDB Admin

Do you ever watch the Oudoor channel on wednesday when they something other than hunting on? They have a commercial advertizing the new 3" Magnum Judge, shows a women draw it from her purse on two muggers. Then it cuts to watermelons and they a disintegrated on impact from the gun, which is very unlikely. A 12 gauge birdshot wouldn't likely blow away a melon. But the .45 Long Colt it also fires would make a noticable hit. A 410 is the smallest shotgun round and definately not an almighty mini shotgun. The .45 Long Colt it fires will likely do a better job of stopping someone since a solid .45 has more impact than a scatter of tiny birdshot (or still tiny "buckshot"). So while the gun looks nice, the .45 Long Colt is a better bet as far as I'm concerned.

I've always wanted a nice Schofield to shoot. I reccomend something other than Uberti though if you buy one. Ubertis look beautiful but are usually expensive and easily damaged do to lighter metals. So if you want a pretty one to play with, an Uberti works, but if you want a serious gun to shoot, find a better company. 3:10 to Yuma did an excellent job of making them look awesome, with a little help from Ben Foster's great gun handling do to Thell Reed's gun training. Uberti recently released a shorter model in .45 Long Colt, which saved the original ammo problem.