Thread: My new gun
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 03:38 AM

I was at the range shooting and afterwards I started looking around the gun shop and aside from that I wanted a Sig, I didn't really know for sure what I would end up with. I've already got 1911, Glock, HK, and XD covered so I knew Sig was next. The P229 was the best deal and the best gun they had available at the time. They had a P220 SAO but it had massive amounts of holster wear. I don't mind a little holster wear but this was too much, plus I'd prefer to give it the wear myself. They had a used P226 but the price was too high to justify buying used, I could have spent a little more and picked up a new one. A few weeks ago I spotted a used but excellent shape P220 with night sights at my favorite gun shop for $599.00 and I would have grabbed that but I didnt have the cash at the time.

All in all I'm happy with my Sig. Also I'm thinking about trying to become a Federal Agent and 2 of my 3 main choices use P229 so it's probably good to have some background with it. (US Marshals = Glock 22/23, Secret Service = Sig P229, ICE = Sig P229)