View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 04:47 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
No. Resist the temptation to create a landslide of endless new sub-categories.
I have no problem discussing new sub-categories (won't necessarily agree with them, but I am willing to talk about them), but ONLY if they are related to the subject of the movie. That is how categorization works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
One thing I DO recommend is that we clarify the genres. We need to separate the various media in each category. For instance, if I'm looking for how many Zombie movies are listed, I type in zombie, I get ALL ZOMBIE related stuff, video games, anime, TV shows, etc. It renders the search useless.

Now if we have 'zombie movie' just like action movie, crime movie, thriller movie as well as 'zombie anime' or zombie Video game' or zombie Television show / Crime movie, Crime Anime, Crime Video Game, Crime Television show etc. I support that.
This is frustrating to me, too. We need to have a category search function similar to IMDB (where you can select keywords in sequence to narrow down a search). Come to think of it, if we could do something like this, it might obviate the need for sub-categories all together. After all, we wouldn't need "Historical" and "Fictional" subcategories for war if someone could search for "War" and "Science-Fiction" simultaneously.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure this type of system have that for Wikis, and most Wikis are nothing like IMFDB, anyway.