View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 10:21 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I wouldn't use IEDs really, too likely to hurt innocent people.
Then you're probably too squeamish to take part in a guerrilla war. Though I think that tends to characterize Americans, and anyone in the West, in general...

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Id take out soldiers at long rang and evade after 1 shot to keep from being detected. A military force would wreck you at close range.

Now that i think of it, lure them into traps that would only hurt them and not civilians. Lots of woods and trails, have them climb a trap filled mountain.
Good luck. Not only would you have to be quite well-trained, but you'd have to be willing to survive out in the woods in hiding. And I doubt you're ready for that. I know I'm sure as fuck not.

The whole point of being a guerrilla is to blend in with the civilian population. The ones that can't do this are the least successful. Nobody wants to live in the woods because (A.) those are extremely harsh conditions to endure, and (B.) It makes no sense from a tactical point of view.

Guerrillas don't care about civilians getting injured or killed. They like this because it tends to radicalize the locals and win them over to their cause. It may be immoral, but in pure military terms, it makes the most sense.