View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
IMFDB Admin

Yes, it's a lot easier. Revolvers usually have better double action trigger pulls than autos, unless you install some super-trigger in your auto. But usually I cock the hammer before firing because it is easier to shoot accurately.

To be fair though, the K-14 is a target pistol, and has a slightly better trigger than your standard S&W.

And because of what I do with my dad, I've shot wheel guns galore. Pretty much any single action made by Ruger or Colt has been in my hands and/or fired. The Blackhawk in .30 Carbine is kind of fun, but the Blackhawk in .44 Magnum is a beast. I shot it while rested so I didn't get to use the gun's weight to my advantage. Leaves your thumb webbing pretty sore. I love the Ruger Single Six and practice the standard cowboy shooting techniques like fanning, drawing (I never practice drawing loaded, I like having all my toes intact), spinning (again unloaded), and SASS rapid hammer firing. All are fun, but movies and SASS shooters make it look much easier. I mean, they shoot .38s and .45s and I have trouble keeping a .22 Magnum in the same control.