View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Why are foreign members being so problematic recently?

Now I am not criticizing ANYONE for not being an American, and we have some really GREAT contributors who are not American (you guys know who you are as do all of the other IMFDB users, you bring quality and hard work to IMFDB and I thank you).

But I've gotten into more 'fights' with foreigner (as in Non-American) members in the last six months. Everything from mistake laden Chinese members to a recent wave of vulgar and vandalizing Brits to sanctimonious Russians (who bitch that we don't let them fill the site with Cyrillic) to whining East Indians. (yes that last paragraph was SUPPOSED to be politically incorrect).

I WANT great work from people in other countries, because I like having that information on IMFDB, but so many of them just don't GET IT. Crap pages, fighting with the Mods, bad editing, really ugly screencaps or no screencaps at all, did I mention CRAP PAGES?

The language barrier is one thing, but the attitude is another. I am patient with well meaning members who openly admit that they are struggling with the language but want to be a contributing member. But I am finding that the 'fan boy' mentality (arrogant, know it all, profane, etc.) pollutes all the major cities of the world.

I reiterate that I want good contributing members from all around the world. I am so very disappointed in the quality of many contributions outside of the U.S.

Am I wrong on this? Comments questions and discussions welcome.