View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
And if they ever wanted to do one huge saga, this would be the best time to do it, with the MW and BO trilogies now finished. I always thought it was a bit confusing that one franchise had two sub-franchises within. I think that was related to IW having most of the influence and not wanting Treyarch to cut in. Now that IW and Treyarch are now pretty much on par with each other, I don't know why they wouldn't just collaborate on one big storyline together while still alternating releases.
I think it was probably for the same reason as the Metroid Prime games; if Treyarch's games turned out to suck, Activision could have just told everyone to ignore them.

To be honest I tend to prefer the Treyarch games; Infinity Ward want to tell Big Significant Stories but their actual game design tends to be a little tepid; Treyarch make Big Stupid Games which are about having fun. IW let me roll around on an Abrams firing a minigun for a few seconds, Treyarch gave me a T-34 with infinite ammo, a flamethrower, and a furiously overacting Gary Oldman riding shotgun.

I know which one I preferred.

Also, Treyarch have been trying to do that RTS minigame for the last two instalments, I'm kind of interested to see where they're going with that.