View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Oh, I know that, but like I said, to miss that and then including rarely seen details like decocking? I don't remember ever seeing anyone on TV use the decocker on a SIG-Sauer before, much less left-handed. (And the shooter wasn't even left-handed.)
I haven't seen it, but I assume that decocking the gun in this case is important to the plot or to the flow of the scene, as opposed to having the hammer cocked on a single action contributes nothing with the exception of a tiny bit of realism that probably less than 1% will notice or care about. To me I see a decocked SA pistol as a goof rather than a suggestion that someone is intentionally carrying in condition 2. Similarly to how I assume it is a goof if someone fires 18 round out of a P226 rather than assuming they are using a Mec-Gar flush fit extended mag or something.

Using the decocker is pretty rare though but dropping the hammer with you thumb appears quite a lot, I guess because to the general audience decocked equals safe. I have seen a few things where people use a decocker properly on a gun though, a P226 in Jormungand and P99s in a few Bond films are the only thing that I can immediately think of but am sure there are others.