Thread: Call Of Duty
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Ok, I get the fact that all electronics that were turned on would have been knocked out after the EMP struck, but...when I picked up a rifle with an ACOG, the lights were out, leaving only a black reticule, which is bullshit because ACOGs don't work like that. They are not battery powered and as such would not be affected by the EMP. I also find it hard to believe that none of the soldiers had flashlights that were most likely turned off during EMP. Another nit-pick is that your weapon after the EMP was an M4 with an EOtech mounted on it. Why couldn't the creators have your character just flip up the iron sights? You had to pick up an entirely different M4, also coincidentally like yours with an M203, with iron sights up for that kinda of thing.
Add to that the seemingly non-existent source of visible and IR laser light on weapons in the game (though, to be honest night vision is way too bright to be of any real use, but that's not the point). I mean, seriously, maybe I'm in the minority, but what's so difficult in giving us an accurately-modeled M4 (example: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/41/12...d534641fb7.jpg)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Oh and more nitpicking. It never ends. They didn't give the SCAR its own Grenade launcher attachment and did what they did in the previous game. All rifles except for the AK, gets the M203. This is bullshit for IW and more lazy on gun details. They paid so much attention on dual wielding that they didn't give the SCAR it's own GL. But then let's get to the Tavor, oh there's a piece of work with the M203 attachment there. In real life, the M203 attachment to a Tavor looks like this

but in the game, they made it look like THIS!

I might be able to forgive them for the SCAR getting an M203 than it's own GL attachment. But they obviously didnt do enough research on the Tavor to see that they are supposed to swap out the handguard with the M203 and strap it to the barrel, not slap the GL on the bottom of the gun. It doesn't work like THAT!
I completely agree on the Mark 13 EGLM for the Mark 17. True, I'm a 203 fan (as I've said previously on here), but it just doesn't look right on a SCAR.

But regarding the Tavor, attaching the 203 like in real life would have been impossible because mounting system on the in-game model was derived from that on an airsoft version of it, not the real thing.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 11-20-2009 at 09:44 AM.