View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 08:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I actually beg to differ about zombies bleeding out. In my theories of an undead body brought back to life through some sort of virus or bacterial infection, it's more like an incomplete reserruection on a person, like you try to bring someone back to life through CPR but was only partly successful, meaning that there's enough energy flowing through the nerves system for the brain to control movement.

A zombie might not feel pain, but an undead body can still suffer from the limitations of the human form. Since this is also not a fully living body, it is constantly rotting and will eventually rot away, but if they come, we wont have the time to wait until they drop dead again.

To move a body, your muscles need to work, some degree of blood needs to flow towards it. Shooting a zombie up might slow it down, but it still needs massive blood lost and body damage to shock the nervous system into a state where even if it is undead, it can't move on, but that kind of suggestion means we'd have to waste a ton of ammo when a well placed head shot can do the job simple.

Just because we see one method of killing zombies in fiction, doesnt mean other means dont work.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”