View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
Well, a ARVN Officer perspective would be really interisting. Specially one that takes place in the 1970s.
How so? Maybe I haven't read enough about the ARVN, but their reputation is one of incompetence and high desertion rates. I'm really just not sure what would be interesting about it, but perhaps you know more about this than me.

BTW, when I was in college, I got to watch a movie made in Vietnam in the late-70s about the war. I wish I could remember the title. It took place from the perspective of a Vietnamese peasant who was fighting the Americans. The "Americans" were all "Amero-Asians" (Vietnamese men whose moms had fucked Frenchmen or Americans), and the film was done with military cooperation, so the production actually had access to captured American Hueys which the Vietnamese military was still flying. Now THAT was an interesting perspective.

Oh, yeah, and it's a good movie for SKS fans. According to the movie, a single shot from an SKS can bring down a Huey if shot in the right place.