View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Well, I have a bias, working in the industry, but it's cool to see what REAL GUN was used to build a fictional weapon. And it's interesting to know what real gun, if any, was used as the platform for a completely fabricated sci fi weapon. Also it's good to be able to educate the public that something which may seem real, is in fact, not.

But drawn fictional guns are ridiculous. The public will never care because the artist has so much leeway, plus it doesn't exist in real life. A real 3 dimensional 'I can hold it in my hands' prop is much more deserving of a page to tell people its genesis than a drawn prop.
What I am refering to is guns like the Serenty Mateba revolver. Very little has been done to disguise the fact that it's a Mateba. The Taurus used by mal is a whole nother matter because the prop effectivly covered the entire gun. That is what IMPO the Fictional Firearms pages should be used for... Those firearms that you could never guess what the host weapon was if you knew little to nothing about firearms.