View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:23 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
But Then Aliens Resurrection is another problem to me. MPM restored the page, but honestly it's not even a well done page like Ghost in the Shell. It doesn't have caps for most of the guns or just one small one. It just seems very unimpressive.
The reason is TWO of the rules for Fictional Weapons:
"If they are fictional / hypothetical weapons which may exist in real life but (so far does not)."
"If the weapon (for any reason) would lead the general public to believe that it is a real firearms or based on one. "

Now I don't disagree that the Alien Resurrection page is weak, but there are many weaker pages which should be deleted before that one is. But why I think it needs to be on IMFDB is primarily, when the film came out, a LOT of people thought the weapons were based or built on real guns. That type of confusion is the reason WHY IMFDB exists, to dispel myth and rumor from fact. One person (in the business) mistakenly told me that the main rifle used in the film was built on a Cobray CM11 Carbine, which I actually believed because I could see how the 9mm long barreled M11 carbine could fit into the shell of the gun. So for a long time, I thought the main rifle was built on a Cobray gun. And I can't tell how many people (when the film came out) thought that the take down shotgun used by the guy in the wheelchair was a real firearm. So if not to correct movie trivia regarding firearms (on a REAL MOVIE, not some anime or videogame), then why have IMFDB at all?

Just my 2 cents.

I'm all for deleting the ANIME entries. Like WTF? Like anyone is going to wonder what gun a piece of artwork is based on? Same thing for VGs except for the BFG because it has appeared in actual films.

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 05-05-2010 at 06:26 AM.