View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 01:08 AM

In response to the slide mounted safety, disengagging requires no hand adjustment, even for a small handed guy like me, and engaging it in a heated situation isn't necessary as you're just trying to shoot, so from a practical standpoint it's not a problem. I will definitely agree though that the P226 is still superior ergonomically sheerly because the slide stop and mag release, along with the aforementioned decocker are placed almost perfectly for use without adjustment.

Another point I'd like to make though, is that the 5906 is entirely stainless steel, and with the xenoy grips, you don't have to be embarassed with a brown backstrap as a lot of guns gather over time. The added weight from the material also aids in felt recoil when shooting. Most charge extra for a stainless steel model too, including SIG, but the gun is still cheap, and it'll still shoot well, even with hollow points.

I'm not trying to diss your gun and tell every SIG owner to throw their gun away and go buy a Smith, but don't discount it cause it may not look handsome (I think it looks awesome) or it's a little ergonomically unsound (some 1911 slide stops are short, but they're still 1911s, and still great guns.) They deserve far more credit than given, is all I'm trying to say.

Oh and you have a 4506 up for grabs? Which features does it have?