View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM

I actually didn't load them myself, they came with the gun. I assume they used a reduced charge due to the lead bullets, but also to reduce recoil. In spite of the huge blast it's actually not unpleasant to shoot. Which was nice since I brought out my 110lb young lady friend who actually took a turn with it.

14.5mm ammo hasn't been available in Canada in about 6 years, but when it was it was selling for about $30-$40 a round, which was actually about the time the PTRDs disappeared off the market (there was an import of about 100 of them 8ish years ago). Probably more now that those of us with PTRDs (and even a few PTRS rifles made it in in the same import) are getting desperate for ammo!

I snapped some pictures of other stuff from my new house that IMFDB might find interesting, even if only loosely gun related.

My Afghan war rug, purchased at the market in Kandahar. I think almost everyone that did a tour there brought one of these back.

Bookshelf in my dining area, containing among other things my gun library.

My collection of WW2 Canadian regimental cap badges, hanging in the living room: