View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
First of I just want to say that I am not trying to stir up anything here, am genuinely curious. How would the American gun owners on here feel about being required to have a firearms licence before buying firearms or ammunition? By this I don't mean like a license in the UK which is quite involved to get, I mean something like an hour or two classroom instruction on basic gun safety along with a background check. If you were required to show a license then the sale could be tracked if required, and would flag up instanced of criminals or the mentally ill trying to buy firearms or ammunition. If you need a license to drive a car, then it is my feeling is that there should be something along the same lines for you to be able to buy a gun which is potentially mush more of a danger to other people. I'm assuming that there has already been much discussion about stuff like this, just curious what the opinions on it were.
More people are killed/injured in incidents involving automobiles than those involving firearms.

http://www.introvertisland.com

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 12-19-2012 at 12:43 AM.