View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 03:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
They didn't? I've seen a picture of one of the very earliest PT92s, and it looked just like the original 92 (not the 92F, though). However, I guess it's harder to think of the PT92 as an exact 92 clone since there's almost no interchangeability of parts (as I discovered when I tried to put a 92F mag in my own PT92).
Actually the early models look very much alike but you're right, there is NO interchangeablility of parts between them. And the mags don't fit. I wouldn't have tubs of separate Taurus and Beretta High cap mags if they weren't different! h ahahahahaha But looking very similar isn't enough to declare the early Taurii (plural? hahaha) exact clones of the berettas. I wouldn't put any of the STAR pistols (Modelo A, B, Super) under the 1911 category, even though they are often used as 1911s.

BTW, I love the STAR pistols. They fire really fast, much faster than an 1911 and they chamber in 9mm so there one less caliber I have to bring to set and if it's not a historical film, the Stars are just as good as any 1911 clone to be seen on film.