View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 05:36 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Yeah, I think you're right. I just finished Crisis Part II and so far they've canonized on-screen Batman '89 (albeit with the alteration that Joker didn't die at the end), Titans and by extension its own shared universe on the DC streaming service, Batman '66, Smallville, Superman Returns (Brandon Routh reprised his role, which was merged with the Kingdom Come version of Supes), and probably some others I may not have recognized. It was hinted on the aftershow that Batman & Robin was included as Earth-97 too, which would mean Returns and Forever are included. And we still have Ashley Scott's Huntress from Birds of Prey yet to appear. So at this point, it's safe to say that just about every DC movie and TV show past and present is on some alternate earth out there.

Except for maybe the DC Animated Universe, at least. And not because it's animated, since the Arrowverse has at least two animated series in Vixen and Freedom Fighters: The Ray. The version of Bruce Wayne that Kevin Conroy portrayed was decidedly not the one he voiced throughout the DCAU. It actually makes me kind of sad since this has been the quintessential Batman for me ever since I first watched BTAS.

I've already added Black Lightning to the template since it's a CW show and I might consider adding Smallville under a "See Also" section since it aired on basically the same network (unless someone here above me in the heirarchy explicitly says no), but aside from those and any new CW shows that come in the future, I'll leave it be because it could potentially become bigger than the shows' actual pages.
Don't forget that Superman Returns was a direct sequel to the two Richard Donner Superman films.