View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:02 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
A lot of posts I've read point to the trigger. I'm not sure it can be the stock, they specify the brand and model.
One of the admins at The Firearm Blog talked to someone at Franklin and was told that it had one of their regular binary triggers, which has a semi setting so fudging of the language about a "single shot per trigger pull" or whatever it says would not be the dodge. Something else is that Franklin says that whatever this is that makes it legal is new and patent pending, whereas binary triggers have been around for years.

What I wondered about the stock is that if the buffer tube lacks the holes to lock the stock into it could still be a regular off the shelf stock but could not lock in the extended position which might not count as a rifle stock. A company did manage to make a "pistol" in the past that had a regular stock that was permanently pinned in the closed position, as (at least at the time) the ATFs position was that if it could not be put into an extended position it was not shoulderable.

EDIT: I just found that there is also a video on their youtube channel which seems to show it firing in both semi and binary. It is hard to tell on the video, but it doesn't look like it is firing on release of the trigger either which was some people's theory. It also looks like the stock is properly locked out, so I have no idea. I'm not 100% certain on SBR laws but people have suggested that if it is built from a pistol receiver you could possibly mount a stock on it if the overall length ended up being more that 26 inches. This might also explain their specific choice of a rather long collapsible stock. I find this hard to believe though, as if it was that simple it would have been done before, and nothing about this is based on unique patentable technology either.

Last edited by commando552; 01-22-2018 at 05:18 PM.