View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Three Pro-Mag made magazines for my 459 / 6906
What predator20 said. Mec-Gar and factory are vastly superior to Pro-Mag. I'd go so far as to say your dad wasted his money if he paid more than 20 bucks a pop for them. Even getting factory mags isn't that big of a deal on Midway, or ones for the 459 on Gunbroker. It's not that hard to get a money order made to pay someone on GB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Guns sold. (S&Wshooter and Yournamehere are going to hate me)
Smith 4505, it was a tank and I'll likely never come across one again. But I like shooting my P220 better. Model 60, nice piece, but chewed my hand up. Prefer to carry and shoot the Kahr CM9. Model 64, it was DAO, got my Model 10.
I'm leaning more toward function over form considering my budget and that I'll be able to carry soon, and I've considered dumping my 92SB to fund a carry gun, so while it may have been a dumb move from a collectors standpoint, I understand and respect your decision sir. Now if you didn't make money on the black gem that is the 4505, then there's some concern there.

Oh yeah I took the course to get my permit. Gotta visit the FDOA and finish the process to get the card, and then sell either the 92SB or the Model 19 to fund a carry gun. Looking at a 6906 mostly for cost reasons, but it beats out my other choice, a P228, in that arena as well as finish and availability. I plan on perfecting it over time though as I'm not good on the mag disconnect, the bobbed hammer, the baseplates, or the grip.