View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingJames View Post
It's not pointless for me, and who the hell was asking you?

LOL, noted, but I mean just from the armorers' perspective. If I were an armorer, I would definitely sell some of my guns that got used by A-list actors in order to make some extra money (and as we can see on Propstore and the Golden Closet's web site, some armorers are doing just this). But for any of my other guns? All I'd be doing is reducing inventory and not earning any more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingJames View Post
Over the years I have picked up a few already converted guns from stembridge and other houses and used them in various productions. Not the $7000 hero guns used by Matt Damon and such from the propstore. But when they were selling off stock for decent prices.
Can you post pics of those at some point? I'd love to see those (just out of curiosity). Or did you already post pics that I didn't see?

I remember when the Stembridge inventory was getting auctioned off, I was surprised at how low the reserve prices were on some of the guns. I remember ogling some of the customized Taurus pistols from "Mystery Men" (because I like "bling bling" guns) - a lot of them were selling for $300-$350. Considering all of the work that obviously went into them, I would have expected them to go for more.