View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 09:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

I myself have been trying to lose some weight and I've changed my diet (and I hate the food but it's a sacrifice) and excercise for an hour before I go to bed. I do push ups (I used to do modified until my arms got stronger and I could bring the knees up), crunches, sit ups, jumping jacks, 100 "march" walks (you walk in place and bring your knees up to your chest), and spend some time on an excercise bike (the treadmill is too loud so I don't use it). If I'm not too exhausted I lift some arm weights, then I go take a shower and sleep like a (exhausted) baby. I do this maybe 3-5 times a week, because while doing it every night would be more effective, I'd be too sore to do anything in the day.

I can't run very well (running is my enemy), but I've tried jogging in the morning, and I can do about a half mile out and back so I get at least a full mile. If I don't feel like it, I don't do it, because I pace myself. I don't want to pass out on a run when everyone is still asleep . I'll admit I've walked home a time or two...

But just keep at it and you'll do great. Eat a good breakfast in the morning to speed up your metabolism. This will help you burn calories better than if you skip breakfast entirely. Your metabolism will slow and you'll put on weight easier. I learned this and started eating breakfast at school and lost 5 pounds! I wasn't even excercising yet.

And don't eat a big dinner. No breakfast and a big dinner is a typical American diet, and that's why America is getting so fat.