View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 03:20 PM

Thank you for your help MPM.
I use different search engines calibrated to display results from all over the world. I have to because I do research in different languages.
As I mentioned to you with a PM right before I joined imfdb, I lived in the U.S. for 10 years between 1998 and 2008 so I know about "converting your stock AK into a Mall Ninja 'Tacti-Cool' monstrosity". I've witnessed that many times.
It's very much like a TURBO sticker behind a Toyota Corolla.
I have to know the origin of these AK's, what country they were produced.

In the United States especially, Customizing "things" is quite common. And there is nothing wrong with it. It's a matter of preference. I've seen people customizing anything from a coffee maker to a tank (yes, a low rider tank). But in this part of the world, especially among terrorists and outlaws, customizing is considered a luxury and therefore it is not very common.

These weapons were captured about a thousand miles from where I live and I didn't get a chance to go there and ID them. And they are remarkable because they are not the kind of AK's Turkish authorities apprehend every day. Hence the reason for this thread. You help me and I help them. Simple as that. No confusion here.
Again. Thank you all for your help. It is appreciated.