View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Personally and I'm sure a lot agree with the fact that the rating system is bullshit and serves to limit what a movie can and cannot have. Like blood. If a movie has a lot of violence but little or no graphic display of blood, it's PG-13, but if there is gore, than it's R. Same with sexual content. If it's literal half ass, barely showing much and covered sex, it's PG13, but when full on nude with tits, it's R.

Same with swearing. A PG13 movie can say Fuck just once but dropping bombs and all the other words, R...
I agree with totally on this. That aside, c552 still said it. Especially about Deadpool. It was meant and expected to be an R film and could not be anyway else and work. A film should be graphic because that's a part of it or what it's about, it can't be there for the sake of it. Rating isn't everything. I say this as a diehard RoboCop fan who loathed the remake getting a PG-13 rating.. Ironically Robo wanted a PG-13 to hedge their bets on teen attendance when that was the wrong approach, whereas it's totally expected in this case. The alternative in Suicide Squad's case is going R and having a similar situation where they potentially shoot themselves in the foot, not something they need given how much they do have riding on this.

Sure, I admit I would have liked to see a more explicit R-style Harley () but otherwise the film doesn't have anything to really necessitate an R-rating and will probably manage fine without it.

Last edited by StanTheMan; 06-09-2016 at 10:10 PM.