View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I knew about the SEAL consultants being disciplined before I started, so I had it in the back of my head when I played, but I don't think I heard anything I hadn't heard before.

I'm with you, a short, good campaign is preferable to a drawn-out, bad campaign. The problem is, EA was going to charge the same no matter how long the campaign was. For the ten bucks I paid for it, it was fine. If I had preordered it and paid the full sixty, I would've been outraged. (Although, I suppose if you preordered it, you were probably just interested in the multiplayer and didn't care about the campaign.)

I thought it was funny they they emphasized the realism for about 90% of the game, and then had Preacher go Rambo and single-handedly take down the freighter. Even Modern Warfare 1 had an entire SAS squad.

The thing that bugged me the most was that you had no choice on your loadout. Realistically, these Tier 1 guys should get to take whatever they want, right? And I didn't like how Stump toted around a sniper rifle the entire time but only pulled it out on certain occasions. But otherwise, I loved how they handled the guns. I liked being about to choose between semi and full auto, and I liked how they allowed using iron sights and adjusting zoom.

Last edited by funkychinaman; 07-15-2013 at 04:47 AM.