View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 AM

Grab your popcorn…..

A director wanted a M4 with full flash to shoot at the back of the head of the lead actor from 3 ft.

Did a show in Morocco and had 250 guys shooting all over the place,
we had concerns of ND's (negligent discharge) with the BG.
We had ND's courteous of the stunt department, the best one was a PKM went off inside a pickup truck with 6 stunt guys.

When we deploy the .50's, people think it's as loud as a 9mm.
When it goes off I get all giddy like a little school girl and watch their reactions.
After firing people coming running up to me all orgasmic like and tell me how that was amazing.

People who complain that the guns are loud and that we should use a more quite one, usually hair and make up types.

As a stunt performer, I was playing a soldier and had to dump 4 mags out of the M4 on the move with a whole lot of pyro going off around me, make a transition to a pistol and do 2 mag changes, also I had cast running around me like cats who just sat on a pack of alcohol wipes.
The director thought I looked nothing like the movies he mentioned and instructed me what I should do, the stunt co ordinator jumped in and pulled the director aside and told him that I was a 20 yr vet and a film armorer.

I have more but I'm tired….