Thread: Randomness 3
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 01:01 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
The 4th through the 9th. Air and Space Museum, National Archives, Museum of American history, National Crime and Punishment Museum.
Cool, I'll be there on the 7th and 8th. Already seen all of that stuff on previous trips, though. Go to the Spy Museum and the Newseum if you've never been. And while you're in that area, check out Ultrabar on Friday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
Their aim is to make it work on a RepRap, which is a hobby grade printer which you can make for less than $500. I wouldn't worry about it to much, am fairly sure it is a scam. I know i wouldn't give a group of guys (not an actual company, a self confessed random group of people) 20 grand in the hope that after they take the money and get themselves a nice 3D printer, they might make an all polymer printable gun, that might work, which they then might release the plans for. I guarantee that if they get the 20 grand they will never be heard from again.
Oh, I don't think anyone should be all that impressed by the technology now. I do think it's going to be interesting to see how much better 3D printing becomes in the future, and what this means for the gun industry.

Last edited by MT2008; 09-02-2012 at 01:06 AM.