View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 06:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Several new members have queried me on this.

The practice of putting the caliber on the description of the photo and then listing it for the most part on ALL of the descriptions of the guns for the screencaps. Some members don't. And some fight with me when I put it on a page. I think it helps to have the caliber of the firearm listed somewhere in the description. When visually scanning the page, it reinforces the caliber (or caliber range) of weapon being discussed. But then, people's taste may have changed.

Heck, the only reason I did this and enforced it was because that's the way IMFDB pages WERE back when this site was founded.

Lacking any other rule I default to this rule : if that was the way Bunni made the pages back in 2007 then that's the way it's gonna be.

But I'm not the sole gatekeeper of the FORMATTING preferences of the pages.

But we can get some public input and make changes. What do you guys think?
Been on this site for little over three years, and finally, FINALLY, it is explained why you do this. Wow, I'm such an ass, maybe I should have asked.

I never really saw the point of such repetition, I personally think the caliber should only be listed in the stock photo of the gun, not the screencaps. But if I ever added to pages you did, I always did the captions that way to stay true to what I thought was your format. lol