View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:29 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Heck, the only reason I did this and enforced it was because that's the way IMFDB pages WERE back when this site was founded.

Lacking any other rule I default to this rule : if that was the way Bunni made the pages back in 2007 then that's the way it's gonna be.
I'm not sure what you mean. I've never seen anyone do this except you, and I never understood why you felt a need to do it. I don't particularly mind that you do, but it's hardly necessary to include the caliber of the weapon in the movie screencap description because the photo of the weapon has it. So I do not see a need for a rule requiring members to mention the caliber of the gun in the screencap description, unless they are commenting about how the bore size/markings identify the weapon variant (i.e. as a Glock 17 vs. a Glock 22).

That being said, I do wish people would be a lot more careful about including the proper weapon picture and description on their movie pages. I can't count the number of times I've seen people add the weapon pic but not include the full description already on the gun page (i.e. "Glock 17 - 9mm" instead of "Glock 17 (2nd Generation) - 9x19mm"). I also get annoyed when people aren't using the correct picture of a particular model (i.e. putting a picture of a 3rd Gen Glock 19 when the gun used in the movie is clearly a 2nd Gen Glock 17). That sort of carelessness needs to be dissuaded in the Rules, IMO. But I guess it's also a subject for a different topic...