View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 07:15 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Default Creating pages for armories/prop houses

Multiple times over the years, we have discussed the idea of creating armorer pages for the individuals who handle guns on-set. (For a refresher: see here and here.) As we all seem to have agreed in that topic, this was impractical.

However, I had a thought: Maybe we could do pages for the armories/prop houses in order to familiarize readers with some of their more unusual/notable weapons. The goal would not be to track the company's entire inventory, but simply to identify unique weapons that show up in many productions. This would be in the interest of facilitating open-source identification of the weapons.

Example:

Right now, we are working on pages for "The X-Files". For its first five seasons, that show got its weapons from Tom Felcan/Felcan Enterprises. Felcan has supplied lots of weapons to sci-fi shows and movies, like the "Timecop" Taurus pistols that have also been in all of the "Stargate" series. A page for the company would feature a summary, known employees (with links to IMDB profiles), and mentions of notable work. However, then it would be formatted as a standard IMFDB page, featuring descriptions of notable weapons ("Timecop" Taurus, the "Blade: Trinity" MAC-11s, the Daewoo K3s modified to look like M249s, etc.) and screencaps of well-known appearances for each gun.

Anyone think this idea could work? Would like to do a prototype page for a test run, and Felcan will be my first. I'll develop the template, and add appropriate examples of films/TV shows/games using the company's weapons. After this, I imagine we could do pages for at least the following armories:

Independent Studio Services
Cinema Weaponry
Stembridge
Ellis Props & Graphics
Movie Armaments Group (Ontario, Canada)
Hire Arms (South Africa)