View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 08:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

Okay, I understand. My right mouse key sticks because all of my damn kittens keep pulling it off the counter and slamming it on the floor. I suggest buying a new keyboard if you ever get a chance.

BTW, just a briefing, you may have remembered in April I was really sad my cat was put to sleep, but a month later two strays had moved into my home and both of them had a litter of kittens (the gray cat had seven, the black cat had 4). I can't call it coincidence because that's just too wierd. Anyway, 11 kittens are a pain in the ass, but I now have only have 7 left, and I think we are giving one more away.

But back on topic, I'd love to use a well made accurate bolt action rifle but NY believes I could harm others because I'm a dumb hunter, so I have to use a shotgun.

I prefer to use my dad's Browning A-Bolt 12 Gauge, which can touch out to 80 yards easily and accurately without drop. But so does my dad...

I was recently "handed down" (which means my dad gave me his older Sweet 16 Browning A5 smooth bore, made in 1955, which can't hit anything) this gun to hunt deer with. I aimed at a deer about 60 yards away, because my dad failed to mention this gun was a smooth bore, so I figured a slug could travel 60 yards easily. I aimed a little above the heart and fired and the damn thing ran away with a minor leg scratch (couldn't find him, and the blood trail stopped so this deer is fine). But since a herd of about 20 deer was at my disposal, I fired a total of seven shots (I even had time to reload!) but this thing was so inaccurate it couldn't touch them, even at 30 yards! I eventually hit a button buck in the shoulder at about 40 yards because the gun missed the heart a tad. Luckily it stopped blatting before I walked up to it. I really didn't want to have to finish it off.

Anyone else here ever deer hunt? It's the only hunting I do, because if I hunted anything else I'd be branded as a hick, and I don't wish to be put in that category.