View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I think the Bond franchise is one of the few that can afford to mix it up a bit. People are going to go see Bond films because they're Bond films, not because of who the director is.
While Bond films will probably always make money simply for being Bond films, regardless of who plays Bond or directs them, I should still hope that a desire to ensure quality entertainment is not too much to ask for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Here's a hypothetical then: which Bon film would you rather see, one by Quentin Tarantino (who apparently has always wanted to do so) or one by established summer action movie director Michael Bay?
Bad comparison. I think Michael Bay should be banned from going anywhere near the director's chair, under any circumstances. That's like asking me whether I would rather eat a tasty, fresh piece of pie, or eat the flesh off my hand.

If you asked me whether I would prefer Tarantino to Martin Campbell, I would still say Campbell without thinking about it. Tarantino may be a talented filmmaker, but he is talented at making a certain type of movie. Bond movies are not, and should never be, anything like "Reservoir Dogs" or "Pulp Fiction".

Last edited by MT2008; 11-06-2012 at 12:21 AM.