View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 10:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

I do not know if it is an SGW Matchmaster, but am pretty sure it is an SGW or Oly Arms rifle of some sort. The real telling feature is the scope rail. Here are some pics of an SGW Ultra Match, note the older Weaver style rail which overhangs the front of the receiver slightly. If you compare to this image you can see that this rifle has a Weaver type rail, and this one shows it has the same overhang as the above SGW rifle. This Ultra Match has the same style handguard and gas block as the Leon gun as well, but the Ultra Match only had a 20" barrel, so I think they are different but related.

Not sure, but I think that when SGW changed to Oly Arms they changed the name of this gun to the PCR-1 and started a series (e.g. PCR-2, PCR-3, PCR-4 and so on), with other guns that had 16" barrels, but I am not familiar enough with them to know if this is one of them. Or it could go the other way, and this is another SGW model from before Oly Arms but I don't know any info about these guns (including the supposed Match Master).