View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
I do like the idea of a GUN PLATFORM page which lists all AIR COMBAT armament on the same page and all ARMORED VEHICLE COMBAT armament (like the 155mm guns) so that the identified weapons have a place to link to.

Thoughts?
Yeah, I've thought it would be a good idea to have an "other weapons" page or page group for collecting images of weapons that don't qualify for their own pages (eg specific types of manufactured explosive charge*, artillery, any distinctive rockets / missiles / bombs that have a major role in the proceedings like that bomb in Rambo). That way they're not just floating around unlinked.

While I think such a page could feature lists just for the sake of two-way linking, I don't think it would be good to lay it out like a standard gun page. Maybe just movie / year / notes.

It's definately worth identifying these weapons if they appear since the chances of anyone setting up an Internet Movie Artillery Database are basically nil. I think individual gun pages would probably stop around FlaK 88 level (ie large, distinct direct fire weapons weapons that are quite likely to be real rather than fabrications or CGI), though before I make *that* page I need to do more researching into the barrel and carriage variants and get some images of each.

*Meaning those with distinct markings that are produced to pattern for a military force, rather than Looney Tunes sticks of dynamite. I know those don't qualify for anything but "sake of completeness" in games and not at all in movies.