View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Requiring Screengrabs to create a page?

I never thought I'd say it, but I was wondering about requiring that the creator of a page go through the trouble of SCREENCAPPING the movie. if they want to create a movie page. This goes for the 'drive by' anonymous users who create a sparse movie page and then move on without actually completing the page.

But we're also getting a ton of foreign films (a) none of us will never see (b) none of us will never screencap, thus those pages are destined to stay crappy looking forever, unless the person who is creating the page goes through the trouble of screencapping their own movie page.

Look at PhoenixEnt's pages. He was a new user and his movie pages were already exceptional. The screencapping work was 100% done before he even created the movie page, thus the pages had screencaps AND the movie poster ready to go. It's not that hard, and screengrabbing software is free.

I am tired of 'fixing' lame pages (and I've fixed A LOT on IMFDB over the months, considering those are movies I would not have uploaded myself initially) for foreign films and I was wondering if we could require some sort of standard if people really really WANT to have them represented on IMFDB?