View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 07:53 AM

"He is my friend and I don't want to bring my problems down on his head as he collects his own problems." Maria answers. "It's like he has that infamous Chinese curse about leading an interesting life.You are his kin so you are supost to worry about him."

"Are you still involved with the cartels?"

"I've left a cartel. But I'm sure I already have a greenlight on my head for as long as the cartel can pay." Maria replies. "Not that I expect the cartel to survive for much longer. I wish I could tell you why but I really shouldn't."

Johnny watches Maria grab a bottle of Coca Cola and go back to reading her graphic novel. He knew that Maria was telling the truth about wanting to talk to his uncle. They had talked about Maria's nightmares and the acts that caused them. "Uncle Mike, I asked Maria over here because her father is a known Narco-Terrorist with knowledge of constructing such devices. Personally she would be a suspect in destroying those bikers except that she doesn't know how to weild or machine well enough to make a device. Still I was hoping that she would be willing to give a clue inadvertantly."

"Johnny, you had better watch trying to use a girl like that." Ranger Chandler admonishes his nephew. "That's not how you treat a friend."

Maria watched Ranger Chandler drive off out of the culdisack. There were things that she really wished that she could have told him. Information that would lead to where the bodies of people were disposed of. Families would no longer have to wonder what happened to their relatives. It was an all too common occurance in the drug trade. A hit team would kidnap and murder someone. Or they would ambush a car full of people because the perso looked like a rival smuggler or the car looked like a rival smugglers vehicle. What the cartels did to snitches would make Torqumada queesy and the Spanish Inquisitor was know to torture hundreds of people. Finally she spoke. "Johnny, I know you were just trying to help your uncle. Please don't ask me to talk to him about work. I have my reasons for not talking to him and I think you know that."

Johnny sat on the couch on the opposit side as Maria. He looked at her and said. "You are right when I said I was trying to help my uncle. Him and my Aunt are the only real family I have. You know that my dad's been in prison since I was a todler, uncle Mike was the person who raised me. You can understand why I asked you if you knew something."

"You have family that not only admits that you exist but they care about your existance." Maria says scooting beside Johnny. "I've never had that and I can understand why it's important to you."

Johnny put his hands on Maria's shoulders and gave them a quick squeeze. It brought a reashured smile to the small girl's lips. "I'll take you home if you want."

"I'd like that." Maria answers and takes Johnny's hand. he led her to his Suburban and helped her in. he walked around to the drivers side and got in. Taking off Maria turned the audio system to Static X. After a while Maria turned the Stereo off and asked Johnny a Question. "Johnny, with your contacts in Law Enforcement how hard would it be for you to locate someone?"

"Depends on if they are in the US or not and if they are conected to any criminal activity...why?"

"About six months back I picked up a guys's wallet and I want to send it to the next of kin." Maria replies.

"You feel guilty about it?" Johnny asks.

"The guy was only looking for you daughter who disappeared." Maria answers. "He tracked her to Juan and Juan had him carved up like a turkey. It's been one of those things that keep me awake at night."

"So why not go to a church and confess?" Johnny asks. "You are catholic arn't you?"

"Faith is only a comfort if you have any Johnny. I've lost my faith in the Catholic Church and the people behind it. I've been to church almost every sunday of my life and so has my dad and Juan's family. You have a group of people who smuggle, rob, steal, kill, and trafic in human beings for six days out of the week and Going to a building on the seventh and donating blood money is supost to make everything kosher again. No Johnny Fuck that and Fuck their god." Maria says venomisly. "You have an organization that is suposedly dedicated to the betterment of mankind by following the guidelines put forth by the creator of the universe. Insted they are in bed with men who's only goal is to become undescribably rich off the misery of others. If Juan and his ilk are getting into Heven I would much rather sell my soul to the devil so at least I get some nice lingure and silk sheets when i spend an eturnity as a Succubi's plaything."