View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 02:51 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
WOW. I didnt realize ivory brought that kind of money, but I suppose it makes sense. The Mle 1915 is definitely neat. What really fascinates me is that a great power was desperate enough to actually use something like that. Not all Spanish guns are bad, I'd probably even use that Trocaola in preference to my M1892, but the Mle 1915 is every bit as bad as their rep suggests!
My good friend (and best man at my wedding many years ago) owns three handguns, a rifle and a shotgun. His rifle is a Remington model 700 in .308 Winchester and the shotgun is Remington 870 Wingmaster in 12 gauge. He hunts deer, elk and ducks. Good guns. He spent some money.

His handguns are all Astras. A 4" bl Astra .357 Magnum, an Astra 680 snubbie in 38 Special and an Astra Constable in 380 ACP. I teased him about those handguns when he first purchased them about seventeen years ago. But they're solid handguns and they work. The 357 Magnum goes with him on his hunting trips. The 680 is his CCW piece and the Constable is just something he liked so he bought. They might not be as refined as a S&W, colt or a Walther, but they're solid and honestly made. And they cost him less than a S&W, Colt or Walther.