View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 04:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Going back on my gripe about COD's Black Ops period specific missions and how hard would it have been for them to get period specific equipment? I mean, why do I get the feeling that if they did COD 1 set in WWII today, they'd add weird optics on all guns you start with as the player like Battlefield 1?

For Black Ops, was it so hard for them to get CAR-15s Son Tay Raider style? or with the early Colt scopes on fixed carrying handles? Why basically an M4 that sorta looks like it's from the 70s with instead of pic rails, they put this literal flat top that's all smooth and does not exist ever? They could have used so many period specific weapons but because all the kids these days can't play a shooter game without a red dot, they'll put aiming devices on everything that can mount one, even on those that weren't design to mount anything

I remember griping in Black Ops 2 during the Panama invasion mission, your classic M16 rifle is still an A1 and not an A2 design even though by that point, everybody should be using the A2 style or for special forces, they'd be using CAR-15s still but with the early Aimpoints.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 03-01-2017 at 04:43 PM.