View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 01:33 AM

^ This fellow gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Or, you know, they could make a new franchise rather than changing a fundamental part of a character (Bond is outright stated to have been meant to be a white, womanizing, borderline alcoholic) just so that they can make a low-effort movie no one can criticize without people ripping them a new asshole over "misogyny" (hey, just like the new Ghostbusters!)
Trust me that came to mind.. Difference is I think a woman (especially one like Gilly) could make a decent go at replicating Bond in some respects, while I don't think anybody - female or otherwise - could begin to in any way replicate what Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis and Hudson had. Fair point about starting something new, though - Why does it so often have to be within some existing framework or basis? Bah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I hate how they think if they reverse gender iconic character for the sake of being PC, that it makes a good character. As a parody, sure. Even as something serious...maybe.
Again, I'm with ya. I don't care for gender to be used as a gimmick as stated earlier. That said I don't see it so much to be the case with Bond, and even so still feel it would work out better, or at least has a better chance, anyway.

In other news, I've heard the new TMNT has been a big improvement, while Fallout 4 seems to now be declining into near sucks shit level. Again, just what I've been hearing.