View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 AM

Where have you seen them for 3.99? Were they some no name brand or one of the 2 packs for a rifle/shotgun caliber? About everywhere I look for pistol caliber Snap Caps they want around 15 bucks. I can never rationalize buying them though because for that price I can buy a box of real 9mm ammo and dinner. My friends have them though and enjoy using them, and if I could get a lot of cheap dummy rounds to practice loading and ejecting, I would but my brain won't allow me to buy them at that price, especially when I subscribe to the idea that they are not necessary for safe dry fire, and consider that they wear out over time too, and pretty quickly from what I can tell.

And I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you can handle DA triggers better in a Weaver stance after trying it one time. A few times maybe, but not once. I did a decent grouping with my 1911 at 10 yards with one hand a few years ago, and I assumed I could shoot better with one hand than with two. Since then I' haven't been able to produce a decent one handed group with anything, even guns easier to shoot than my 1911, so I've pretty much dismissed that idea.

I also think that 4.5 pounds is about perfect for me too at this point since I've shot nothing but 5+pound triggers in my time, and the slight decrease in weight makes for a slightly more surprised break without a complete underestimation of when the trigger will go off. My buddy's Jericho is worn down to perhaps 4 pounds or less judging by my other buddies SIG (which shoots the best of anything I've shot save for my Hi-Power) and I've found I break long before I think I'm going to when shooting it, and it messes my rhythm up. The real point is that it's all relative to what one is accustomed too, granted I think some trigger types, or perhaps triggers specific to a certain gun are easier to master than others, but everything is somehow mastered I'm sure.