View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
MPM2008 have you ever seen (or prevented) people on a set from doing something real stupid with blank loaded firearms ala the infamous 1984 Jon-Erik Hexum inccident with the blank loaded 44 magnum?
We all have. One of my assistants stopped a director from telling an actor to shoot a Beretta 92FS at the back of a 'bad guys' head. I mean full powered full flash blanks a distance of THREE INCHES from the back of the other actor's skull. He forced them to use that 'forced perspective' camera trick (like they did in Beverly Hills Cop). You pull the camera WAY BACK and ZOOM IN so the guy firing can be pretty far away from the guy reacting and it looks like he shot the guy right in the head. It's a camera trick regarding angles and compression of the image with a long lens. Another armorer who I sub hired for a project, YANKED a H&K USP from an actor who was really unsafe with it. He actually fired too close to the face of another actor who was working with him (accidentally) during a firefight scene. They had rehearsed their blocking on that scene over and over again, but when it came to filming, adrenaline kicked in and the guy forgot everything he was told. Good thing ALL the actors had sunglasses on because the other guy had unburnt powder and crap peppering his face. The "junior" armorer (technically he was working for me) yanked the guy's live gun and said "You're an idiot. You get a RUBBER GUN from now on". The actor complained loudly and the Asst. Director came up to me and I said "Don't ask me. I back up my armorer 100%" The director was so pissed that he almost FIRED that actor from the set. But they just continued shooting, and that actor had a RUBBER pistol the rest of the entire movie.....

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 01-27-2011 at 06:16 PM.