View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Hadn't considered that. But for the love of all that's holy, don't give her a bow like that. A bow should not have a scope or laser rangefinder. It's kind of short-range to need one and looks utterly retarded.
Yeah, good point. Maybe just a regular compound bow.

Quote:
Ok, makes sense. But she doesn't have her Luger or father's Beretta, the Luger's still in End Of The World, Finland (unless the CIA raid team took it) and the Beretta's gone. Eric didn't have it when he got killed, must have lost it/ran out of ammo before then. She'll need to buy new ones.
Between the end of the movie and the start of the fanfic, she went back to the cabin to retrieve whatever personal effects remained there.

Quote:
The family she met it the film is dead, aren't they? Marissa and the creepy tracksuit guy killed them. Supposedly you see missing-persons poster for them later in the film, and I seriously think they were killed.
Not necessarily. In a deleted scene on the DVD, Hanna is shown to receive postcards from them, so presumably Marissa let them go after they were interrogated.

Quote:
And how are you going to do anything with guns in NYC? You can't open carry, mags over 7 rounds are banned, and concealed carry needs a permit that no 17 year old immigrant is going to get.
Let me explain the concept of a black market to you. When a good or service is highly in demand but the legitimate market is made illegal, certain enterprising individuals find ways to get them and then sell them to the people who want them at prices reflecting the availability and risk of obtaining said good or service. One of the benefits of purchasing firearms from such individuals is that they don't care whether or not you are allowed by law to own firearms, they will sell them to you as long as you can meet their price.

Quote:
Pity you can't have it cross over with Dark Angel. Jessica Alba as Max, another genetically engineered child soldier (X5-452), just have Max willing to use guns. The timing wouldn't work though (Max was born in 2000 and is in post-EMP 2019 Seattle.) Then again, you could handwave it and have Hanna be an X1 or X2 prototype.
I've never seen that show.

Quote:
And don't go full-auto. IRL, full-auto isn't used 99% of the time anyway because it wastes ammo. Also (see below), full-auto will have the government all over you for seriously illegal weaponry.
True, IRL it's only really used to get your enemy to hunker down while you get into position, but I'd still like Hanna to have weapons that are select-fire.

Quote:
It's how you avoid getting in trouble with the ATF for all your illegal goodies. An NFA (National Fire Arms Act of 1934) trust cuts down on the amount of paperwork need for NFA weapons. Rifles with barrels under 16" and shotguns under 18" are legally short-barreled rifle/shotguns. Suppressors are NFA items as well. 10 years in federal prison, do not pass go, do not collect $200 for illegal possession.

Unless you magically handwave the police into not caring and no one ever calls 911 reporting automatic gunfire, it won't work. I'd recommend Vermont or New Hampshire, since they have incredibly loose gun laws and NH doesn't care how old you are. Virginia might be nice, but I moved here from Massachusetts years ago, so I'm biased like that. Still, you get loose gun laws, a decent-size city (Richmond), and is next to Washington, DC. Yes, I'm citing gun laws while trying to arm a genetically modified child soldier.

Am I massively over-thinking all of this?
All of the consequences and legalities you mentioned are entirely dependant upon one thing: Getting caught. NYC is an enormous city with over 8 million people, a good 80% of which are unlikely to talk to or even call the police for anything less than a full-scale riot or gang war. Considering Hanna's MO of striking quickly at her targets and then vanishing into the night, the chances of this are pretty low.