View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 09:02 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default IMFDB's problem contributors may not be unique .... ;)

I've been looking at a BUNCH of sites, IMDB is one of them, where on the contributors forum and the Mod's forums, they are constantly in battles with problem 'children' from Russia or Russian speaking contributors.

This is not meant as any offense to any of OUR Russian contributors who seem to follow the rules, but as you all know, we've had our own problems with arrogant newcomers who blast onto the site, mess everything up and have to be banned.

Now anyone with a knowledge of IMFDB's history, knows that the BIGGEST troll / troublemaker was not from Russia but from the U.K.

But we've had plenty of problem posters originating in Russia or who post in cyrillic.

Now I realize that many English language sites (Game related, movie related, car related, guns related, military related, etc.) are all having problems with Russians (usually kids).

I ask this. What is the deal? Why do there seem to be so many troublemakers who originate from Russia? Versus any other country? Note that the 'attacked' sites are all American ones. I don't usually know about foreign sites.