View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 05:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Usually, the safety is visible in a lot of movies. I just didn't know what to look for. Once I saw your picture and compared it to the Mark VII pictures that MPM took, it was pretty clear, once and for all.

Also, does this mean you're keeping your Eagle and not selling? I realize that one gun shop wasn't giving you a good price, but is it still on the market?
I could check other gun shops, but would probably get about the same offers from them. They got to make a profit off it. I would be better off selling to an individual. So for now I'll just keep it. The gun shop that has the SIG P220 I was interested in has a layaway plan. So I could always do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I dunno, I always figured whoever manufactures it should carry the name. But then, it seems like most people on this site just say "Desert Eagle" without even specifying the model (the page itself just says "Desert Eagle", and some day, I need to re-organize it by variant).
Well Magnum Research designed it and IMI makes them. But IMI is now IWI. There was a period there, I think it was during Mark VII production where they made in the USA I guess by Magnum Research.

You do make a good point about breaking it down by the models. I mean the 1911 page is broke down M1911, M1911A1, series 70 and series 80.

Even though imfdb is not gun encyclopedia, it pretty much turns out that way because of the different model break down this site does.