View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:10 AM

Pfft, why didn't I just look at the page.....

I think he stole the Px4 from someone, so it wasn't "his", the 220R was his initial carry gun, which is what we are discussing.

I never gave thought to what guns have reversible mag releases (other than the Beretta which is nearly famous for it) which is something more or less out of sight out of mind for a right handed shooter. Nowadays I find more and more guns that are capable of ambi-releasing or swapping of the button. I figured that SIGs being a modern design could do it but I never recalled any actual examples. You learn something every day.

I pretty much saw the lastest Die Hard film as a technological showcase, but now that you mention it, the first two do the same (can't say much for the 3rd sadly). I guess it's a theme of the series and not just this new movie then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Dirty Harry used the Automag instead of the S&W for part of "Sudden Impact", remember?
That's not really the same as the change in Die Hard 4 (why won't anyone say Live Free or Die Hard? heheh). We have a character, "Dirty" Harry Calahan, who uses the same gun throughout his career (including the movie where he uses the Automag, and the one after) who decides to use a different gun while on vacation, and a character who changes his service sidearm altogether.