View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 02:16 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Also about saying that most infantry would carry just about 210 rounds isn't always true. From talking to guys I know in the military, they would carry as much ammo as they can carry on top of what they already are carrying. Sure it'll be more weight to carry, but they rather have an extra mag than an extra bag of food. Maybe they guy is not talking about the SAWs that troops would carry around and was referring to the infantryman's rifle. Depending on who, you might be issued with an M4 in burst or M4A1 in full auto and would use auto for suppression. That part was correct from the author.

I was at a range last week and someone showed me his AR-15 with a Gemtech suppressor and using subsonic round. You can still hear it go off, but it still isn't very loud. I've seen an MP5SD fired and it's quiet even when fired full auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but once the Brits retired their L1A1 SLRs, all the world's major military branches had select fire rifles.
Well as you know, the Brits are kinda slow when it comes to military technology. They are more conservative when it comes to what they show NOT arm their armed forces.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 06-18-2010 at 02:20 AM.