View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default My Father Is the Greatest Man Alive...

I come home from school today and he has my Mossberg Cruiser fixed. This alone made me happy until he asks "If I bought an AR-15, what type would you want?" Since he wasn't being specific like naming brand or model (I asked Colt, Bushmaster, he wouldn't say), I knew something was up. After I say I've always wanted a carbine like an M4 or Law Enforcement Carbine, he turns around and pops open a case containing a Bushmaster XM15 M4A3 carbine. My jaw is still on the floor now. He says he's going to buy it from this guy for a $1000 or so (so my mom will kill him ) but it comes with about 200 rounds of .223 ammo, a 30 round mag, a 20 and a 10 (although he has plenty of all, since he stocked up on pre-bans in the 80s back when they were IN), and is fitted with a special forend with a foregrip (but it still has the original grips as well). Also, it has a custom $300 trigger, which was great. The guy put about $2000 worth of upgrades into it, so it seems like a solid investment. Also, I can put blanks through it for my zombie movie .

I'll take pics if/when he buys it.