View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 06:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

There will always be cheap ways for players to think up to win the game and it still is a game, if someone has a more precise way to kick your ass, then more power to them. Sure it'll get annoying getting knifed and grenade launchers coming at you, but that's how the game is.

Since Metal of Honor was designed by DICE, their multiplayer is completely different from any of COD's designs. It has a lot of similar elements.

You only see the MW2 multiplayer failing because of the cheap bastards utterly destroying you with easy fast tactics that aren't "fair, or realistic".

And what do you mean "Knifing from across the map"? You can't do that in any game. You sneak up to a guy and knife him or rush him before he can shoot you and knife him. If you mean the throwing knife, that only works if you are REALLY good with your aim and I mean really good.

Games don't need "a little bit more time in the oven"? They aren't a cake. They are like paintings. You do all the fine strokes, colors right and on the right kind of material, but when it is done it is done. You can add a few more extra strokes and add on some more color, but when it is done, the work is to be judged at the time of presentation. If it doesn't stack up on the day it is expected, then the creator fucked up. If he can save it with patches and a little extra work, sure, but that is ONLY when there is something left to be saved or if the minor adjustments are vast improvements.

I agree that Metal of Honor has a story to it, but there isn't a lot of character development. It tries to have you feel a connection for these guys you play, but lack it.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”