View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 10:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I've been sick today (head cold, again), and I didn't feel like doing any research, so I took some time to re-organize the Desert Eagle page. It's now organized by variant (Mark I, Mark VII, Mark XIX), and I got most of the movies and TV shows on the page within the right categories. I didn't even try with the video games though, nor did I create the grid.

If I got any of the info wrong about the Desert Eagle variants (since, as you can imagine, I'm no expert), feel free to correct me.
Great work on the page. I'm no expert either. Most of the info I learned had to with caliber swapping.

Quote:
My contact at ISS told me that the ones they re-finished for "Goldmember" kept getting too "foggy" pretty easily, not to mention smudges and fingerprints are highly visible. They kept having to wipe them down after extended usage.
Yeah I seen one of those gold bastards pop up again on "Chuck" Adam Baldwin used it during the "Arms show" episode.

Don't know if you been watching Chuck. But I loved the last episode when Chuck gave Casey his Sig back as a present.

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen one for sale. I wonder if they even bothered to change the markings? From what I've read, they received a whole bunch of parts that IMI/IWI had already made, and just assembled/finish them.
That may be the reason why few USA marked ones come up for sale, most were assembled from left over IMI parts.