View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:21 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Since the models aren't noted on the current list, you could always convert it to the wiki grid list. Then as time goes on the model could be added to note section.

I converted the Beretta 92FS list, it took a while but it couldn't be as long as that.
I've been sick today (head cold, again), and I didn't feel like doing any research, so I took some time to re-organize the Desert Eagle page. It's now organized by variant (Mark I, Mark VII, Mark XIX), and I got most of the movies and TV shows on the page within the right categories. I didn't even try with the video games though, nor did I create the grid.

If I got any of the info wrong about the Desert Eagle variants (since, as you can imagine, I'm no expert), feel free to correct me.

Quote:
Matte hard chrome is about as far as I would go. The factory titanium nitride they use to have didn't look bad. Looked more copper than gold.
My contact at ISS told me that the ones they re-finished for "Goldmember" kept getting too "foggy" pretty easily, not to mention smudges and fingerprints are highly visible. They kept having to wipe them down after extended usage.

Quote:
I have seen a Mark VII like that a few times. Crank 2 High Voltage and also an episode of The Shield. But I don't think the controls were blued
More of ISS's guns, I imagine. They've got a lot of custom Eagles in inventory, that were built for lots of different movies and TV shows (and reused later on others).

Quote:
I very rarely see USA built ones for sale.
I don't think I've ever seen one for sale. I wonder if they even bothered to change the markings? From what I've read, they received a whole bunch of parts that IMI/IWI had already made, and just assembled/finish them.